Getting a Good Start
Getting a Good Start Course
An effective human resource professional knows that managing employee performance is more than conducting performance reviews or disciplining staff. Performance management begins with an orientation to the organisation and the job, and continues on a daily basis as employees are trained and coached.
WHAT DOES THE GETTING A GOOD START COURSE ENTAIL?
In this this course you will learn to understand how important an orientation program is to an organisation, identify the role of the human resource department in the orientation program, recognise how the commitment curve affects both new employees and their managers, know what companies can do to deliver their promise to new employees, determine the critical elements of effective employee training and establish the importance of having an employee handbook for new and long-term employees.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THIS COURSE?
A thoughtful new employee orientation program, coupled with an employee handbook that communicates workplace policies, can reduce turnover and save your organisation thousands of Rands. Whether your company has two employees or a thousand employees, don’t leave employee retention to chance. Give them what they need to feel welcome, know why they were hired, and know how to do the job.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand how important an orientation program is to an organisation.
- Identify the role of the human resource department in the orientation program.
- Recognise how the commitment curve affects both new employees and their managers.
- Know what companies can do to deliver their promise to new employees.
- Determine the critical elements of effective employee training.
- Entrepreneurs and start up business owners
- Business Owners and General Managers
- Anyone interested in understanding business