The Minute – Taker’s Notes
The Minute – Taker’s Notes Course
No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, even if they are held in a company boardroom. To ensure meetings are productive and worth the expense involved, three ingredients are necessary: an assurance of closure, a strong chair or leader, and accurate minutes. It has been said that if the minutes of a meeting are not accurate, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place. If people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives?
WHAT DOES THE MINUTE – TAKER’S NOTES COURSE ENTAIL?
In this course you will learn to recognise the importance of minute-taking, develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organisation, be able to remedy many of the complaints that beset minute-takers, be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semi-formal meetings, and action minutes, be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting, be able to prepare and maintain a minute book.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THIS COURSE?
These notes will enable you to understand the role as a minute taker and the best techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Recognise the importance of minute-taking.
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organisation.
- Be able to remedy many of the complaints that beset minute-takers.
- Be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semi-formal meetings, and action minutes.
- Be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting.
- Office Administrators and Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Anyone responsible for writing meeting reports